Press Information Bureau
Government of India
With the launching of “Digital India Week” by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India on 01st July 2015, Department of Posts, Uttar Pradesh Circle has also celebrated the week from 01st July 2015 to 07th July 2015 in all Regional Offices, Divisional Offices, Head Post Offices, MukhyaDakGhar& all CBS Post Offices. The following events were organized in the week:-
- Day 1 (Jan ChetnaDiwas) – A seminar was organized in all Regional Offices, Divisional Offices, Head Post Offices, MukhyaDakGhar& CBS Post Offices of UP Circle in which Live Streaming of Digital India Week Inaugural function was shown to all staff & local public. The details of various Departmental and other Government schemes were also briefed to public members/customers & educated them how the Digital Services of Postal Department will provide benefits in their routine life.
- Day 2 - “Financial Inclusion Day” – Day 2 of Digital India Week celebrated as Financial Inclusion Day. On this day PLI/RPLI and Savings Bank Melas at various major Post Offices in all Regions & Divisions of UP Circle was organized. A good number of customers attended the Melas and were made aware about the various schemes under Postal Life Insurance/Rural Postal Life Insurance and Savings Bank. The customers showed good interest in opening of accounts especially the latest launched Savings Bank Scheme “SukaniyaSamridhiYojna” which is for the benefit of the girl child.
Department of Posts will provide Core Banking Services in all 2546 Post Offices of UP Circle in future. At present 301 Post Offices of UP Circle are provided with Core banking facilities. A large numbers of accounts were opened by the customers under various schemes.
At present ATM has also been installed in 13 Head Post Offices of UP Circle (Agra Fort HO, Agra HO, Aligarh HO, Allahabad HO, Varanasi HO, Bareilly HO, Meerut Cantt HO, Gorakhpur HO, Kanpur HO, Ghaziabad HO, Lucknow Chowk HO, Lucknow GPO & Varanasi Cantt. HO). ATM will also be provided in 88 officesin UP Circle in future.
The customers appreciated the Department for providing the latest facilities in the Post Offices.
- Day 3 (Education)- On the 3rd day, UP Postal Circle organized visit of school students in computerized Post Offices. About 10,000 students from more than 200 schools which include Govt. Schools and some prominent schools visited various computerized Post Offices.
The students were shown computerized booking of various articles of letter mail, parcel mail, speed post, eMO, iMO, e-Post, opening of Saving Bank accounts, commemorative postage stamps issued by Department of Posts, printing of personalized “My Stamp” process of mail, post shop etc. The students were also shown stage by stage the processing of booked articles for further dispatch to their office of destination & also informed about various software of the Post Offices i.e. Speed Post, MeghdootMillenium, Finacle, McCamish etc.
The students were enthusiastic to see tremendous changes which have taken place in the Postal set up after introduction of computerization and the various new schemes introduced by Department of Posts.
- Day 4 (e-Duniya) - A drive was organized in all CBS Post Offices (including 72 HOs +28 MDGs) to link of existing SB Accounts, Saving Certificates & PLI Policies with Aadhaar number & Mobile numbers.
A large number of customers have linked their existing SB account, Saving Certificates & PLI Policies with Aadhar number & mobile numbers in various Post Offices across the Circle. On linking the Aadhar card with their Saving accounts the customers will get the latest facilities provided by the Government.
- Day 5 (e-commerce)-A meeting with potential e-commerce customers was organized by the various offices of UP Circle. Customers were educated regarding futuristic preparedness of DOP in e-commerce.
- Day 6 (Public Grievances) - Customers Meet at all Divisional Head Quarters of UP Circle was organized and they were educated about using Digital Customer redressal facilities and popularizing facilities like Track and trace, Web Complaints on India Post website Internet banking, PLI etc.
On this day ATM of Agra HO was inaugurated by Hon`ble MOS Prof. RamshankerKatheria. SukanyaSamridhiYojna was also promoted by Hon`ble MOS.
The above information may please be published in your esteemed newspaper.