Jan 27, 2016

This is my first communication with you as the President of the IFWJ

A letter from the President

Dear friends,

This is my first communication with you as the President of the IFWJ. I have been associated with the IFWJ from 1972 and have worked with the organisation from an ordinary member to the President of ‘Karnataka Union of Journalists’ (KUWJ) and also as the Vice-President of the IFWJ, where I have always championed the cause of working journalists.


I started my journalistic career as a Sub-Editor in ‘Kannada Prabha’, a leading Kannada daily of Karnataka in 1967 and resigned as an Assistant-Editor in 2009 to join the ‘Suvarna News’ as a News-Programmer where I worked for a few years. Presently I am working as the Assistant Editor in Kannada daily, ‘Udayvani’.

I have had the pleasure to work in the company and the guidance of legendry persons like Mr. Jayasheela Rao and Com. K. Satyanarayana, who have given new direction to the journalism and trade unionism with utmost sincerity, honesty, simplicity and integrity.

Friends, I do not want to recount the degeneration of the IFWJ in the last few decades, which has once been a vibrant organisation of journalists but of late, it became a pale shadow of its own because of the self-centric leadership. This has been the reason that most of the well-meaning journalists distanced themselves from the IFWJ.

Journalism has been completely transformed due to the technological development but at the same time it has posed many formidable challenges before the journalists. There service conditions are being compromised and they hardly have any job security, while proprietors are enjoying the pink of financial health.

Therefore, in such circumstances, we have to pool our resource and the collective wisdom to face the onslaughts of the owners and challenges posed by the new circumstances.

I request you all to give your valuable suggestions and opinions as freely as possible to me and I assure you that I will try to come up to your expectations in giving a new leadership.

With the Greetings of the Republic Day,

Yours comradely,

B.V. Mallikarjunaiah

President - IFWJ

Date: 25.01.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment